Recepty > Recepty z ambasád - Embassy of Georgia
Z Gruzie přišel recept na ravioly. Doufáme, že vám příjdou k chuti.
Georgian meat-filled dumplings)
Khinkali are a specialty of the Caucasus nation of Georgia. They are most often enjoyed at special restaurants where the tasty, meat-filled dumplings are served simply with a generous sprinkling oř crushed black pepper. While ground beef and lamb are the most common fillings, you can also make khinkali stuffed with chopped mushrooms or cheese.
Image Z:9 by rugbyxm
Makes 12 to 15 dumplings
- Flour -- 3 cups
- Salt -- 2 teaspoons
- Egg, beaten 1
- Water 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Ground beef or lamb -- 1 pound
- Ground pork 1/2 pound
- Broth or water-- 1/2 cup
- Onions, minced 2
- Parsley, chopped -- 1/4 cup
- Dill, chopped 1/4 cup
- Ground caraway 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper -- to season
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the egg and 1 cup oř the water. Stir the egg and water into the flour with a fork. Add more water as needed to form a soft dough. Remove the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and supple, about 5 to 6 minutes. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes to rest.
- In another bowl, mix together the ingredients for the filling. Cook a small portion in a greased skillet to taste seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Cut the rested dough into 2 portions. Roli out one portion oř the dough to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut out 3-inch rounds oř the dough using a cookie cutter or large glass. Roll each round out into a 5- or 6-inch round. Sprinkle each round with a little flour and set aside as you finish with the rest.
- Place about 1/4 cup of filling in the center ota round oř dough. Working around the dumpling, bring an edge of the dough up over the filling, making pleats in the dough and bringing the edges together over the top of the filling. Pinch the top of the dumpling together to seal it and form a knob. Repeat with the remaining dough rounds and filling.